The May Cemetery
This photo shows the May Cemetery on the ridge east of the Samuel May House. It is the final resting place for a number of May ancestors, including William James May (1819-1883) and his wife, Cynthia Powers May (1832-1907). They were the second owners of the May House and farmed the south half of the original May Farm. The cemetery also contains the graves of Samuel May (1820-1904) and Mary Osborn May (1823-1909), who farmed the north half of the original farm. The reddish stone on the left marks the graves of Samuel May and Mary Osborn May. The grey stone in the center marks the graves of Bascom May and his wife, Anna Mayo May. Bascom (1867-1958) was a son of Samuel May and Mary Osborn May.

Next Photo ===>>

Return to May Family Album Index

© 1997 DMF Software