Elijah B. May and Sons
This photo, taken during the 1930s, shows Elijah B. May flanked by his sons William and E. B. May, Jr. Teenagers when this photo was taken, Bill and Junior May are the individuals who donated the Samuel May House to the City of Prestonsburg. Elijah Brown May (1896-1958) was the son of Dora Auxier May and Johnny Powers May, the third owners of the May Farm. Lige spent his boyhood on the farm, receiving his education in Prestonsburg and at Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green. In 1918 he was appointed General Manager of the Goodin and Barney Coal Mine at Garrett, Kentucky. He subsequently married Mary Barney, daughter of the co-owner of the mine, John D. Barney. (Photo courtesy of E. B. May, Jr.)

Next Photo ===>>

Return to May Family Album Index

© 1997 DMF Software