Eagle Renovation Committee
January 3, 2007
of the previous meeting
of the next meeting
for review by the Renovation Committee and to inform owners about
approval of these minutes will be made at the next committee meeting.
Participating in the meeting for the Renovation Committee:
Others who also participated:
The meeting began at 6:15pm CST and ended at
Summary of topic discussed:
Fiona's father had a heart attack was undergoing
surgery on Wednesday morning. Darnell had not heard how it went.
- December Cash Position
- We have $35,000 in the bank at this time with
an open commitment of $43,000.
- Will receive $21,000 early and hoping then we
won't have to go into the bank line until June or July
- The contract is executed for the locker
- We will charge a 1% plenty per day after
January if the lockers aren't finished
- Half of the deposit has been given for the lockers
- **There was stuff left in all 3 closets.
Darnell has put anything left in the lockers in the attics of the
- The architect finished the exterior drawings
and they have been submitted to the City of Breckenridge.
- Breckenridge should give approval by Tuesday
January 16th. Darnell will attend the meeting to find out if we
received 0 or -3 pt.
According to Darnell's calculation we have 77%
natural material on the building. If we have over 25% manmade
material on the exterior of the building we will get -3pts. To negate
these points we will have to plant some trees. We are hoping to get 0 points.
- The exterior of the building will remain 1st
floor stone, 2nd cedar, and 3rd hardy plank. However, the internal
stairways were changed to 100% hardy planks (The hardy planks will be
more durable in the stairways).
- Darnell is meeting with Charlie from Travis
tomorrow to see if he needs anything else to start the bidding process.
- The contract is complete and construction is
planned to start April 23rd
- A metal cover with insulation and mechanical
lifter was found at www.be-lite.com It looks nice and will be durable
- Darnell will ask Shannon, hot tub contractor,
to bid it and see how much it would cost us.
- Planning to get a rectangular one instead of
the shape of the hot tub since it will be cheaper to order a standard size.
- Darnell got a bid from the locker
contractor's plumber. The bid of $1130/water heater was for a
Bradford 80 gallon water heater, which is the brand installed currently.
- Darnell will follow up with Fiona to see if
she got any competitive bids and will get the process started for
replacing the water heaters in the next few weeks
Windows and Doors
- Letter was sent out to all the owners and a
response is needed by February 15th
- Darnell has talked to about half the owners
at this point. He will contact owners he hasn't heard from so no one
slips between the cracks.
- Internet is working well in the A building
but we only get 40% of the speed Quest promised. This is a Quest
problem and if they can't boost the speed they will charge us
$20/month instead of $50.
- The signal is not good in the B building. Pam
and Randy Rothe have volunteered to put a terminal in their unit for
the B building.
- We will be canceling the internet service
during construction so we don't have to pay for it when it is unused.
Renovation Committee Secretary